Firestop ablative paint INTU FR COAT A is a one-component product designed for sealing fire protection penetrations and expansion joints with fire resistance class up to EI 240. Under fire conditions and the influence of high temperature, endothermic reactions take place in the product. The paint absorbs heat to a large extent, delaying the impact of fire on structural elements. The product is used in combination with a mineral wool board with a density of min. 150kg/m3 and a minimum thickness of 60mm. The ready-made/painted firestop boards INTU FR BOARD A are also available for sale.
INTU FR COAT A is designed for:
- fire protection of penetrations with single non-flammable pipes or groups of non-flammable pipes in floors or walls
- protection of expansion joints in floors or walls
The wall must be at least 150mm thick and have concrete, cellular concrete structure or masonry structure, with a minimum density of 600kg/m3
The floor must be at least 150mm thick and have concrete, cellular concrete structure or masonry structure, with a minimum density of 1700kg/m3
- Prior to sealing, clean the surfaces of the hole and system components from grease and other contaminants thoroughly.
- Cut the mineral wool board with a density of min 150kg/m3 to the correct size.
- Place the wool board in the hole/gap.
- In the case of non-flammable pipes:
- mineral wool insulation with a density of min 50kg/m3 should be placed (for exact parameters see Table 1)
- cover a mineral wool board and a part of the insulation with INTU FR COAT A according to the guidelines in the drawings.
- In the case of expansion joints, cover the mineral wool board with INTU FR COAT A ablative paint on one side of the partition. Prepare a partition overlap min 10mm.
TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
Store in dry and cool conditions at temperatures between + 5°C and + 25°C.
Shelf life as specified on the product label.